Saturday, June 16, 2012

Some folks are still so dumb.

What is wrong with people today. I had a young man come to my house to spend time with my teen aged daughter. He was a very clean cut very nicely dressed very polite young man. The whole time he was in my home he was a delight. Playing with my younger children, helping to make brownies, laughing and conversing with the family. I had quite a bit of interaction with this young man. After a while, he turns to me and says, "I was so nervous to come over here"
I asked him why.
To which he replied honestly, "When I go to a new house...a white folks house, they don't like me cuz I am that big Blake guy."
I didn't know quite what to say. I just told him he was always welcome at my house.
I cannot believe in this day and age people are still see color of skin in that way. I can not understand the lack of reason. Hating someone because they have dark skin or light skin or a turbin or almond eyes is stupid...period.

No comments:

Post a Comment