Thursday, June 7, 2012

Good Night and Good Luck

Aaah We have come to the end of a very long day. I slowly climb the stairs to my second floor, check in on my children, then a well deserved shower to wash the days toils off my back. With Nora Jones singing softly from the speakers, I crawl into one of my husbands giant shirts and onto our bed. The shirt smells vaguely of him and I pause to embrace it. Cheesy? Yes. Silly and girlish? Double yes. But as he is still working nights I do what I can not to miss him.
Today was my children's last school day of the year. I remember the sheer joy and heady intoxicating feeling of freedom I always felt as a school girl on days like this. The summer ripe with possibilities.  I hope my kids feel something like that tonight as they lay their heads down. Dreaming of what the next months might bring.
In preparation for my oldest leaving her high school for another, more college friendly one, we decided to throw her an end of the year party. We have been busy little worker bees baking cupcakes, decorating the house and cleaning all the little forgotten corners who's dirt seem glaring obvious when expecting guests. With all the excitement and planning, I am truly exhausted and bid the nebulous of cyberspace goodnight.

(I am including a photo of our baking masterpieces)


1 comment: