Sunday, June 10, 2012

The end of a lazy day

At the end of a lazy day like today, I am faced with my own conscience. Am I the reason I have the lack of freedoms I find so offensive. I see all around me the life I am leaving for my children. How I am leaving them with less than I had as a child. Less innocence, less monetary value, less childhood. There is a direct disconnect between what I believe and what I am willing to die for. I am constantly horrified by what evils the United States is willing to be involved in. We can not hope to help our children to become less brain washed by the world around them. It is a complacency I see and rebuke but can not see a viable end to. Help is unwashed and unable to be heard. Let us teach our children to problem solve, to think for themselves, to reject what they are served on a platter and to confront the reality with which they are served. I am hoping they will feel empowered rather than enslaved. Given the power to enact real change rather than to just bow to the power that is.When will we have enough? When will we say I will not bow? When will we fight, to the death, for the things we believe in? Is it time?

No comments:

Post a Comment