Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Just thoughts

Being in love is awesome. I find it to bw one of the most important things in life. I was recently talking to a friend of mine who is having a rocky moment in her marriage. It is common to have tough spots and bumps in the road but that does not make them any less painful.
I have explained my thoughts on how we should regard our spouses before now . My children will grow up, move away, and start families and lives of their own. If I don't work on the relationship with my spouse and make that the most important thing in my life, what will we have when the time comes and it is just the two of us?

I still screw up. I still make my spouse feel bad sometimes. But I am trying to remember how important he is in my life. Often we put so much of our time and energy in to raising our children we forget about the one other person whom we CHOSE to muddle through this crazy world with. I love my kids. I love them more than breathing but my husband is my life. My love. My world. And I love him with no reservation, no protection, no withholding. It is the only way I can figure will work.
Has he hurt me? Yes. Will he hurt me again? Hopefully not in the same way but, yes. Is it worth it? Absolutely. 
So cherish your spouses. Make them know how much you love them. Show them that they can trust you with their hearts, flaws, fears and successes. Because at the end of the road, if you are lucky, they will be the ones holding your hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment