Wednesday, June 20, 2012

The battle of the stomach icky.

A family of sick people is a sad sight to see. Jockying for the bathroom, falling in and out of conscienceness, erraticly moaning in discomfort. Its tolerable when it is one or two family members but when it is the bulk of the crew, things get a bit dicey.
For me... I am glad the worst is over. Hopefully tomorrow will find me doing household chores again. As Mich disdain as I have for doing them, the lack of cleanliness from said sickness has, after only a few days taken its toll on my feelings of comfort. 
I plow forward, bravely. Into the sea of bed linens and laundry. The pile of dishes and vast expanses. Of un-mopped floors a conqueror of all I survey. Will there be other debilitating sickness??? I assure you there will be. But we will forge ahead with he knowledge that we can come to the brink of defeat, throw up on favorite toys, piles of towels used to dry children from their third baths of the day to rid them of their own sick, and emerge triumphant. To fight another day!

No comments:

Post a Comment