Friday, June 8, 2012

Little Talks

<p>I love having one of those "get to know you" conversations. You know the kind. Where you have known the person for a while but didn't know those intimate details that make up ones past or the little quirks that only appear when you dig past the surface and peer at the person underneath. I enjoy the little surprises and quirks which feel like secret treasures only shared with a select few. I love listening to someone talk about their childhood and where they come from. They will almost always relate it to the person they are today and how they came to feel a certain way or think a certain thing.
It is such a high for me when I discover I like the person more after the discovering. I really believe when we break through each others shells we connect soul to soul and the experience changes the way we see the world, the way we see ourselves and the other person. Its the interpersonal connections we make that shape us and make us who we are.
I have heard from time to time that we never meet the same person twice, that our experiences change us so that when we meet again we are transformed. I feel the truth of this statement after a talk like that. Such is the wonder of human contact.
What will we be like tomorrow?

No comments:

Post a Comment