Sunday, June 10, 2012

Im sitting alone in my favorite rocking chair watching a movie based on a novel by Hunter Thompson. Sometimes when I read his work or watch some movie based on it I am transformed inward. Not being a drug addict, I suppose I find fascination in his capability to understand or rather to disect the situations in which he finds himself. How is it possible that someone who consumed the amounts of drugs and alcohol that he did could be so adept at describing the core of the world around him. Not the surface, all shiny and prepared for consumption but the underbelly... The pieces no one wants to show.
What might he see if he me t me? How far might his insight cut through me? I guess I will never know but maybe, just maybe I will someday be able to channel just a bit of his insight and take a hard look at....me.

No comments:

Post a Comment