Monday, March 23, 2009

Have you any dreams you'd like to sell

I know, I know. I said I would write everyday but then, life happened. So I plan to be as prolific as possible to please the population. (and apparently I am going to use alliteration to do it).



Today, while I was rocking my baby to sleep, I was singing to her a song from Disney's Cinderella, "A dream is a wish your heart makes" and I got to thinking about it. (which is pretty much a given since while you are rocking a baby there is not much else to do but think)
A dream is a wish my heart is making??? I can totally buy that when I have been dreaming about being thin and gorgeous and wanted by everyone I see. And I can see my heart wishing for some crazy house with trap doors and secret passage ways that somehow magically morphs into another house and then into a park or some other place. But, I can only hope that not all my dreams are wishes my heart is making. I sometimes dream about killing the crazy old woman across the street who takes pictures of all the houses in the neighborhood to prove that they are not keeping their lawns green enough. What about when I dream I am peeing? Or what about the dream about falling off the curb and jerking awake? I am positive I do not want to go to school or church naked or with my skirt tucked into my underwear. I also have dreamed of jumping off of Angel's Landing in Zion and falling to my death. Last night I dreamed that I had to run away from some people who were trying to take my husband and then I had to shoot them with a 50 caliber riffle. And what about those dreams that are so random and take you from one place to the next and from situation to situation so that when you wake up you are tired from all the activity?? Is my heart wishing for those too?? I guess there is some truth to that song. I guess that secretly I do want my crazy neighbor to go away and I do wish I could fly off of Angel's Landing and I would shoot people trying to hurt my husband but it makes you think about your dreams Huh?? But be careful, because the song also states "have faith in your dreams and someday, Your rainbow will come smiling through." If rainbows start smiling at you, you may need to seek professional help, or lay off the acid. I wish you all good dreams tonight because, "the dream that you wish may come true."


Watch out crazy neighbor!! Ha Ha

4 comments:

  1. "alliteration" line: LOVE IT! HA! genius....
    ok so what if your dreams get you into a lot of hot water with your spouse? jared and i have morning "confessions" to each other about nocturnal naughtiness with random people - sometimes it's each others' siblings - ooops! do we really want to be so slutty as we dream? yikes! we are messed up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I hope that what I dream stays where is should...in my dreams. I have some really bizzar thoughts late at night some turn really dark. Sometimes they make me laugh but I still would not like to live them.

    ReplyDelete